Tuesday, May 4, 2010

S Family: lifestyle portraiture

lifestyle portraiture: documenting your family's life, relationships, and personality. this is not about perfect light and posing. it is not about the perfect location. this is about family dynamics and everyday activity in your own home. it will answer the question of, "what was my life like growing up?" 

think of your favorite photo of when you were little...is it a photograph documenting how big you grew or is it something more real, more emotional? my favorite is a photograph of me and my dad during nap time in a bed that my parents actually still have. we both sleep with our mouths open i guess. it makes me smile...
i am extremely excited to begin offering lifestyle sessions this year. this type of portraiture is so easy to believe in. it continually reminds you to not take family for granted. that you are so much a product of the people who raised you. and that love and affection surround us. i so strongly relate to this concept and style of photography: it is so basic, simple, and meaningful. and so me! i hope you enjoy it as much as i do!




thanks to the S fam for letting me into their home. i had so much fun playing with everyone. lil' addi is such a ham! she is a walking gigglefest. truly contagious. 


chat soon,
rach









2 comments:

  1. these are so sweet!!! I have a few great photos with my dad over the years but these kids have so many great photos and they will cherish these one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel ... these are AWESOME! You do such great work! A few days after you left, Addison asked when "that girl with the camera" could come back and take pictures of her. Guess she isn't camera shy!!!!! Thanks again for taking these! Can't wait for Austin's 6 month pictures on the 19th!

    ReplyDelete